The SIO Newsletter
The Sacred in Opera newsletter is an online newsletter published twice yearly in May and November. The newsletter features articles, reviews, and news contributed by members which are relevant to the mission and vision of the Sacred in Opera Initiative. Features are selected for publication at the discretion of the Sacred in Opera Chair and Newsletter Editor. The newsletter digest is released by e-mail, and articles can be read in the SIO blog.
Browse past email issues here: SIO Newsletter Issues
Articles to be considered for publication are accepted year-round. Subject matter may focus on any aspect of The Sacred in Opera, including the following:
- specific operatic works
- operatic composers
- the teaching of the Sacred in Opera (repertoire, movement, acting, etc.)
- specific directors, singers, conductors, costume designers, or set designers whose work is relevant to a Sacred in Opera subject matter
- aspects of direction and design when addressing Sacred subjects.
Articles submitted for consideration should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Articles should be single-spaced.
- Articles should use endnotes and NOT footnotes.
- Arial 12 is the font that should be used.
- Use only one space following a period.
- All charts, score examples, and pictures must be in PDF format so the size can be adjusted if necessary.
- Each score example and picture must be cited with an endnote.
- Length of articles will vary depending on subject matter and writing style. In general, articles should be no longer than 15 pages.
- Authors should include a short bio with their submission.
- Music examples that make up more than 5% of the work from which they are taken require permission from the publisher to reproduce. All required letters of permission must accompany the author's submission to the journal. The sources for all music examples must be cited correctly in an endnote.
Articles should be submitted to the editor preferably via email at:
Dr. Isai Jess Munoz
Chair and Senior Editor
Articles are selected for publication at the discretion of the Sacred in Opera Chair and Newsletter Editor.
Archive of past issues
Browse recent past email issues here: SIO Newsletter Issues