Stage Director Internship
NOA Stage Director Intern 2013
Email application materials to email@example.com on or before October 15, 2012
NOA is pleased to announce the newly formed opera stage director internship. The recipient will work one on one with distinguished veterans of opera stage direction during an opera scenes workshop, young artist program or opera production.
An applicant must be holding at least a Bachelor’s Degree in music or theatre. The person selected will have experience in stage direction, stage managing, and backstage technical experience. The intern will be near the beginning of his/her professional career as a stage director with a sincere interest in opera and working with singers.
All completed application materials must be sent ELECTRONICALLY to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received on or before October 15, 2012.
1. Completed application form:
2. Résumé. Save the file as 2013Intern-LastName-FirstName-Resume.DOC or PDF).
3. Two recommendation letters from college teachers or other opera directors specifically addressing the applicant's experience. Save the files as 2013-Intern-LastName-FirstName-Rec1.DOC (or PDF) and 2013-Intern-LastName-FirstName-Rec2.DOC (or PDF).
4. A brief essay (3-5 paragraphs) addressing the applicant's experience and theatrical experience being sought by the applicant and professional goals. Save the file as 2013-Intern-LastName-FirstName-Essay.DOC (or PDF).
5. A video recording of opera scenes or opera production stage directed by the applicant. Video materials must be submitted electronically via the web (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, or a personal website). Please include with your electronic application a separate file with active web links to your work.
NOA will cover tuition and provide intern with a stipend. The intern will be responsible for some expenses such as travel and lodging. Email Dr. Reg Pittman for additional information: Pittman@ksu.edu